The Palpator™ is an automated assay system that measures cellular contractility and extracellular matrix stiffness of 3D tissue constructs. The highly sensitive force detection system reports physical properties of cells in 3D matrices corresponding to their physiological states.
- Cellular contractility
- Extracellular matrix stiffness
- Preload dependent cardiac contractility assay
- Toxicity determinations
- Signal transduction studies for cellular contractility
- Long-term (days, weeks, months) efficacy and toxicity testing
- Pharmaceutical compound screening
Demonstration Video: Force measurement of engineered cardiac tissue paced under low and high tension
A single probe is stretching and analyzing the contractility of a micro heart tissue.
A four-probe version is analyzing the mechanical properties of micro-tissues 4 at a time.